cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fasttrack80
Level 7

firewall not logging inbound events

Hello!

I recently checked the inbound events log and noticed that there are no entries as of 1/19/2010. Ran MVT (session ID# 23720136) no problems found.  

Only changes made was a new modem was installed on 1/18/2010 by AT&T tech to replace defective unit.Thinking this new unit (Westell Proline F90-610025-06)

has a firewall, I contacted AT&T support and was told that this is a basic modem and does not include a firewall.No changes were made to the McAfee firewall. Any ideas

on why no inbound events are being logged?

thank you for your help

Vista home premium sp2,AT&T dsl, McAfee Security Center v.9.15.160, Personal Firewall v.10.15.106

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CrazyChuck
Level 7

Re: firewall not logging inbound events

Hello fasttrack80.

My I suggest getting into McAfee Security Center. Right click McAfee icon in lower right windowpane:

Click "open Security Center ";

Click "Internet & Network" ;

On the right hand side with a small arrow that says "Configure" left click it;

Now you are at Internet & New work Configuration. In the narrow window below it says Firewall protection is enabled. In that narrow window lift click the "Advanced" tab:

A new window opens on the upper lift hand side it well say "firewall: the first option well be "Security Level". The second option well be "Permissions." Left click it:

Scroll down to see all of McAfee's "Permissions icons. Make sure all McAfee's "permissions are on"Full Access. All of them !

Below well be an attachment picture of the end result.

Message was edited by: CrazyChuck on 1/26/10 4:14:34 PM CST
0 Kudos
fasttrack80
Level 7

CrazyChuck: All Mcafee icons have full access in program permissions. Anything else we can try?

0 Kudos
CrazyChuck
Level 7

I'm sorry but I am leaving McAfee Community. Ex_Bret or, Dinz will help you from here. I'll be deleting all my posts soon and just be gone. I'm sorry.

0 Kudos
CrazyChuck
Level 7

I'm sorry am leaving McAfee Community. I'll be deleting all my posts and I'm gone. Dinz or Ex_Brit will help you from here. Again I'm sorry.

0 Kudos
fasttrack80
Level 7

Sorry to hear that CrazyChuck left the community. Will others monitor this thread? Same problem continues.

0 Kudos