cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dear mcafee, could you just please stop nagging me about updating your software and rebooting. i have work to do. this computer has been unboxed 2 days ago, couldn't you just have upgraded it before i got all these other software up and running?

dear mcafee, could you just please stop nagging me about updating your software and rebooting. i have work to do. this computer has been unboxed 2 days ago, couldn't you just have upgraded it before i got all these other software up and running?

5 Replies
exbrit
Level 21
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: dear mcafee, could you just please stop nagging me about updating your software and rebooting. i have work to do. this computer has been unboxed 2 days ago, couldn't you just have upgraded it before i got all these other software up and running?

Updates can occur at any time so there's not much you can do, but if it's asking for a reboot I would do that as you probably wont be fully protected until you do that.

You can turn off some alerts by opening the software and clicking Navigation > General Settings and Alerts, but if an update requires a reboot it will nag you until you do that for your own safety.

If it persists afterwards, post a picture of it.

Re: dear mcafee, could you just please stop nagging me about updating your software and rebooting. i have work to do. this computer has been unboxed 2 days ago, couldn't you just have upgraded it before i got all these other software up and running?

In the last two days we discovered about 300,000 new viruses -

"dear user, to keep you protected, and to prevent you complaining that you caught a virus despite having our software installed - please update your McAfee software and reboot?"

exbrit
Level 21
Message 4 of 6

Thanks for that info.  I haven't seen that here but maybe it came in before I shut down last night.

Our average is 150,000 new variants a day. Thats why keeping up with the updates is so critical.

exbrit
Level 21
Message 6 of 6

Yes, a lot of people don't realize that.