cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

confused with the download of the product

Hi guys I was wondering if anyone could help please. I have just purchased a product which I believed was an antivirus for the computer it cost me £29.99 and the only product I can download id the Mcafee anti theft. I think this was a free download, but how do I download the anti virus I paid for? I think I am beong a bit dim but its stumped me Thanks

3 Replies
exbrit
Level 21
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: confused with the download of the product

becky_2255,

What is your operating system and service pack and what version of Internet Explore is installed, whether or not you use it?

Also do you or did you have previous security software installed?

Try uninstalling any security software that shows in your Control Panel > Program list and use their removal tool if applicable, McAfee's is listed under Useful Links at tthe top of this page (MCPR).  Reboot

then run the McAfee preinstall tool: http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/McPreInstall.exe then try your installation again.

Dinz
Level 16
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

Hi becky,

Were you able to get the programs downloaded with above instructions ???

Regards,

Thank you for your posts unfortunately it is the company whom i brought the product off, they do not have a download button. But thank you for your help and concerns