cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can anyone help me activate my McAfee Internet Security & Antivirus 2012?

can anyone help me activate my McAfee Internet Security & Antivirus 2012? i purchased a licensed program. i have installed it in my laptop. it tells me to activate. i hit the activate button. IT REFUSES TO ACTIVATE. CAN ANYONE HEP ME? THANK YOU

8 Replies

Re: can anyone help me activate my McAfee Internet Security & Antivirus 2012?

Hi maricel,

Please update us on your Operating system installed on the PC?

Do you receive any error message while activating or is it that the Button never responds ?

Cheers,

i am still unsuccessful with activation McAfee Internet Security 2012. I AM CAMPAIGNING FOR A BOYCOTT OF THIS PRODUCT. IT IS NOT USER FRIENDLY. IT SEEMS MANY ARE HAVING PROBLEMS. CAN WE ASK FOR A  REFUND OF OUR PAYMENT?

Dinz
Level 16
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 9

Hi maricel,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused due to this issue , please click on Useful links at the top of this page and click on Customer Service, our technicians would help you activate the product and assist you accordingly .

Regards,

thanks for responding, Jai.

i am using windows 7 home basic 64 bits.

i always get this notice to activate the program, i hit the activate button. it tells me to wait. it says it is trying to contact McAfee. and it remains contacting and i remain waiting forever, nothing happens.

Maricel,

Maybe you shoul click the small Mcafee icon next to the computer clock. You choose Verify subscription and then restart your machine.

Let me know if it works.

and

Did you ever have another AV installed? If so run its removal tool. This can block the activation.

i had an AVG antivirus 30 day trial. But i uninstalled it (the AVG) before putting McAfee.

But did you use the AVG removal tool or just windows removal? You have to do the former this I have seen clears up the activation block at least whan they had Norton.