cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blue screen using Rapport Trusteer

Recently installed McAfee and Rapport Trusteer on new HP laptop.  Getting blue screens every day with Rapport Cerberus 64_80120.sys in the stop message.  Talked to IBM Trusteer and they said problem in McAfee update.  Chatted online with McAfee and they ran virtual technician and uninstalled and reinstalled Mcafee but still having blue screens.  Anyone else having this problem?

29 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 30

Re: blue screen using Rapport Trusteer

Your Profile indicates you may be using a Enterprise Product. Could you please apprise us if this is indeed the case? If so we could quite possibly move your thread to obtain better assistance.

Regards

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

I just realized I probably answered question incorrectly.  I'm just using the Total Protection for Home and Office

catdaddy
Level 20
Message 4 of 30

Thank you then we can keep it in the Consumer area? Hopefully one with more knowledge will pick this thread up and add to the Discussion.

Moved to General Discussion >Discussions > Consumer  By Moderator

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
Level 21
Message 5 of 30

Can you please identify what McAfee product and version you are using?  Also where you downloaded Trusteer Rapport from?

I have the 32-bit application that is provided free of charge by my bank and I downloaded it from them.  The file you mention above doesn't exist on my machine despite it being a 64-bit machine, so I suspect you may be using a paid version of Rapport that may clash with McAfee.  Only support could advise you there but we would need to know what product you are using to steer you there.

exbrit
Level 21
Message 6 of 30

OK you replied almost at the same time as I did.  I would contact Technical Support, it's free of charge and linked below.

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)
Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools

Message 7 of 30

Re: Re: blue screen using Rapport Trusteer

Hi ,

We are able to reproduce this however the faulting module is a driver file (related to Rapport Trusteer Endpoint Protection. A temporary workaround is available - Kindly note that this will disable Trusteer's Protection.

• Restart your PC in Safe Mode.
  • Log on to your computer with a user account that has administrator rights.
  • Open the Run command box by pressing the 'Windows' and 'R' keys on your keyboard simultaneously (alternatively, click Start > Programs > Accessories > Run).
  • Enter the following directory:
    • Windows XP: C:\documents and settings\all users\application data\Trusteer\Rapport\Store\exts\RapportCerberus
    • Windows Vista and up: C:\ProgramData\Trusteer\Rapport\store\exts\RapportCerberus
  • Locate and open the folder named 'Baseline'.
  • Re-name all system files named 'RapportCerberus.sys' so that their names will contain an underscore first (e.g. '_RapportCerberus00_00000.sys'). Do not re-name files which do not end with '.sys'.
  • Go back to the 'RapportCerberus' folder and open the highest numbered folder.
  • Re-name all system files named 'RapportCerberus.sys' so that their names will contain an underscore first (e.g. '_RapportCerberus00_00000.sys'). Do not re-name files which do not end with '.sys'.
  • Reboot your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Post back the outcome.

Trusteer gave me this fix.  I did that and still got a blue screen.  When I tried to open the higest numbered folder to rename files, it was empty.

Message 9 of 30

Re: Re: blue screen using Rapport Trusteer

Well at this point I would suggest removal of Trusteer from Add/Remove Programs.

would be great to remove Trusteer but its a requirement by my bank for online access seeing as im over 40 miles to nearest branch open late enough that aint going to happen