cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vatsug
Level 7

Wireless Printer can't install on PC's using Vista Ultimate

I'm new...this is my first post, please forgive errors or failures.

First experience with a network wireless printer. Successfully installed printer on computers with Win XP and Win 7.  But on PC with Vista Ultimate "Total Protection" won't recognize the device as a printer, but thinks it a PC. I think that is the reason I can't install the printer on the PC with Vista is that failure to recognize the device as a printer. Can't find any way to edit in Total Protection/Navigation. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Gus

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Re: Wireless Printer can't install on PC's using Vista Ultimate

What version of Mcafee have you got. I know in 2011 the new 1 available for new installs from the US server that you can pick type of detected item but it loses the item when The printer and PC is turned off. Reall Is it show as detected it appears so so the detection means the pC sees it though I doubt that not calling it a printer has an affect. Are all installs the same version?

Have you tried it wired to see it you can get it working that way first.

0 Kudos
vatsug
Level 7

Tony: Thank you for reading my post. No, I've not tried a wired connection. Didn't think of it myself. To try that I have to move some things around, and I'm not sure to go to the trouble. There are two available PC's to use. It would not be terribly inconvenient for the user just go to one of the machines that works.BTW,

I'm sure I have the latest version of Mcafee Total Protection--the co. seems to be downloading updates on a regular basis.

Thanks again for your post.

Gus

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

I am still interested in the versions if you can pass them on ie what is on each PC. There is a new version out and I do not want an issue with it to pass me.

0 Kudos