Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thaajs
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 24

Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Jump to solution

Hi, is McAfee Total Protection compatible with the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update? Apparently this update to windows is releasing on Aug 2nd. Anyone know? Thanks for clarifying!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
thaajs
Level 7
Message 13 of 24

Re: Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Jump to solution

Just updated to Anniversary Update...McAfee Total Protection seems to be fine. Don't see any support for Edge browser though!

23 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20
Message 2 of 24

Jump to solution

​,

I would venture to say there should be no problem. At least we have heard nothing in regards to the Consumer Version during our weekly Conference calls. However it may be that one of my Colleagues who runs Windows 10, can elaborate.

Al the Best,

-CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
Level 21
Message 3 of 24

Jump to solution

As I have 2 Windows 10 installations and am NOT looking forward to this major update at all (it'll break all my modifications and "fiddles") I can assure you, my McAfee software is my last concern as I know it will be fine.

Fortunately in my case I have now brought Windows Update under my control and will choose when to let that update in.

So rest assured McAfee is fine with all Windows 10 has to throw at it.

Good luck !!

Regards

Peter

catdaddy
Level 20
Message 4 of 24

Jump to solution

Thanks Peter , I thought it would be okay.

-CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Jump to solution

Be aware that in the corporate/enterprise space, Anniversary is posing issues:

McAfee KnowledgeBase - Incompatability between VirusScan Enterprise, Host Intrusion Prevention, and ...

exbrit
Level 21
Message 6 of 24

Jump to solution

ratlsnake wrote:

Be aware that in the corporate/enterprise space, Anniversary is posing issues:

McAfee KnowledgeBase - Incompatability between VirusScan Enterprise, Host Intrusion Prevention, and ...

VSE is a totally different product & any posts about it and Windows 10 belong in the VSE Community.  We've had no similar warnings for Consumer.  Besides it hasn't been released yet so that must have been an earlier beta version/Insider edition of the W10 update.

Jump to solution

I've acknowledged they're different, yet the engine and driver files are shared by all Intel Sec. products that use the "McAfee engine", and the notice was sent out by Intel Security only yesterday and applies to the upcoming RTM release of "Anniversary", and not a beta. This post was simply to highlight that is "could" affect the consumer line, despite no notices posted as yet.

catdaddy
Level 20
Message 8 of 24

Jump to solution

Kindly see a similar thread, and the comments in reference to the "Consumer/Home' Versions.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
Level 21
Message 9 of 24

Jump to solution

catdaddy wrote:

Kindly see a similar thread, and the comments in reference to the "Consumer/Home' Versions.

NES10 and Win10 Anniversary Edition

People are talking about this like it's a new operating system or something.   It's a big update, but not quite a service pack, so I don't know why the panic....but nevertheless, things could go sideways.

I'll work out of my Win 10's tomorrow from about noon on as there's no way updates will come in the a.m. hours, they never do..

catdaddy
Level 20
Message 10 of 24

Jump to solution

True...I only referenced that as I don't think there will be an issue with the 'Consumer Product' There could be, however I don't think so. Just my opinion of course

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer