cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win32/Alureon.H Infection

I am running McAfee Total Protection Security Center 10.5.194 under Windows XP SP3.  All updates are routinely run on my computer.  I wanted to advise McAfee that I ran a full scan and the infection with Win32/Alureon H virus was not detected.  I did not find the infection until I ran Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool.

5 Replies
exbrit
Level 21
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: Win32/Alureon.H Infection

It's not unusual as no antivirus on the market is perfect or works for 100% of what's out there.   There is a submission process for unknowns:    WebImmune

I'm glad it was caught.

Thank you for your reply Ex_Brit.  Do I send a copy of the log file created by the Malicious Software Removal tool?

exbrit
Level 21
Message 4 of 6

No, that place only accepts zipped samples of the actual infection.   I was pointing it out for future reference.

Mayne
Level 7
Message 5 of 6

I agree with Ex_brit , no antivirus will catch everything but to see a Paid software from a company that claims they are the best in malware detection fail to detect what Windows Malicious Software Removal detects ...thats just .. fail ,in one word,i am not really surprised to see this to be honest since Mcafee misses A LOT and i do mean really high amounts of malware ( Old and New ), Ex_Brit i know you keep in touch with "The largest dedicated security company " you should tell them they don't need to focus so much on Advertisement , False statements, Company image , Nice interfaces for the products, the products will promote themselves if they do what they are supposed to ,stop malware.

exbrit
Level 21
Message 6 of 6

I think they are fully aware of that.