cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will there ever be a (MTP) McAfee Total Protection 2010 (pdf) User Guide? (now waiting 5.5 months)

Will there ever be a (MTP) McAfee Total Protection 2010 (pdf) User Guide? (now waiting 5.5 months)

During my initial 30 day's of free phone support bliss, I was told it would be coming soon. Now almost half way 'til MTP 2011 and in light of last night's major upgrade push (everything except Site Advisor) surely it must now be available. I STILL CAN'T FIND IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it ever coming? If it's available please point me to it.

(It's NOT on Product Guides & Datasheets, http://home.mcafee.com/Root/Support.aspx)

---psuatocobra

7 Replies
k3tg
Level 14
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 8

Re: Will there ever be a (MTP) McAfee Total Protection 2010 (pdf) User Guide? (now waiting 5.5 months)

You may already know this but I'll mention it here anyway. There is online help via the web by clicking on the red "M" shield and opening Security Center. Then you need to click on Help, this will open up Help and Support. Then click on Help and a web page will open up for an online version of help. This should get you by till they post a pdf help file if they intend on doing so, but I can't answer that they are or are not.

exbrit
Level 21
Message 3 of 8

Re: Will there ever be a (MTP) McAfee Total Protection 2010 (pdf) User Guide? (now waiting 5.5 months)

I don't believe they are doing the PDF User Guides any more as there are comprehensive help files available within the application itself.

Click Help at top right and then Help again in the resulting window and a pretty extensive guide will open.  You can print any parts of it like normal web pages if you wish.

Click this image to enlarge if needed.

Capture.JPG

I know about clicking Help and the online html Help it renders,

http://download.mcafee.com/products/webhelp/4/1033/?appid=MSC&applist=MSC,VSO,mpf,MSAD,MSK,MPS,mnm,n...

I want the pdf version as promised 5.5 months ago.

But thank you for your reply.

---psuatocobra

I missed Ex_Brit's reply while composing one of my own.

The webpage Help just isn't as good as a pdf file. The pdf format is an electronic book/manual. You can logically page through it, or search it, making note of what I see on which pages. The Help webpage is just a coble of bits and pieces.

McAfee continues to disappoint me one little bit at a time. You know the one about the straw that broke the camels back? Will year one with McAfee be my last?

But thanks for your reply.

---psuatocobra

exbrit
Level 21
Message 6 of 8

I don't recall it ever being promised.   Contact Technical Support Chat via Useful Links at the top of this page if you need to.

I have added this as a question for our phone call Monday. I also do not feel Mcafee intends to prtoduce this. I wonder what happens if you need help while offline.

exbrit
Level 21
Message 8 of 8

Once the help files are up on your screen you can bookmark them for access when the SecurityCenter is closed.  But obviously it would be nice to be able to download them for internal use.