Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Why ??

Jump to solution

God

Does no one listen

I DO NOT WANT YOUR PRODUCT

I want a REFUND

I can not phone your  Customer Service representative, call us at 866-622-3911. Because THIS NUMBER IS NOT IN SERVICE

Your GoToAssistStarter DOES NOT WORK asst-1.gifasst.gif

If you have a English speaking CHINESE Customer Service Give me the Number or You can phone ME my phone number is in my profile

You can why I wanted to use paypal

Getting more pis*ed off with you everyday

James

Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 19

Jump to solution

Try phoning the head office number for your area in China and ask them to arrange for an English speaking Customer Service agent to call you back.

http://www.mcafee.com/us/about/contact-us.aspx#ht=tab-worldwideoffices&cf=china

I tried to obtain the direct phone number for Chinese Customer Service but., as I can't read Chinese (there is no English page for that area) and my browser translator wont work on these pages for some reason, I have no idea what it is, sorry.

I would imagine they are only open during normal working hours.

If you can read Chinese or find someone who does I'm pretty sure you could find their toll-free number and an English speaking agent as well.   The only thing I have determined is that Customer Service is available by phone 9am to 9pm daily.

You could try it and I am pretty certain they would understand English.  http://service.mcafee.com/CustomerService.aspx?lc=1028&sg=CS&pt=1

They are the only people who can authorise a refund and the request has to come from you.

That 866 number works in N.America only and would only be available from abroad using a VOIP client using the +1 USA country code.

McAfee.com only accepts credit cards.  I agree it would be nice if they alllowed Paypal too and we have suggested it many times.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 26/11/13 7:18:45 EST PM
Reliable Contributor Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Message 13 of 19

Jump to solution

@everybody : back off a minute.

Forget the technical details of why he can't install or run McAfee, this is now a refund question.

James is in China, where the rules are slightly different. He downloaded an English-language version of McAfee from the main download site, whereas Chinese McAfee customers get theirs (legally, at least) either pre-loaded on an OEM box or through a broadband subscription with China Telecom or a mobile subscription with China Unicom.

The China addresses at http://www.mcafee.com/us/about/contact-us.aspx#ht=tab-worldwideoffices&cf=china may not be much good to James, because McAfee's operations in China are primarily aimed at the business market; the consumer market is taken care of by tie-ups with those two telecoms companies.

http://www.mcafee.com/au/about/news/2009/q4/20091215-02.aspx  - Chinese subsidiary (press release, 2009)

In any case, his account is going to be with McAfee US, I would have thought, not McAfee China. They'd just tell him to use the phone number he can't use.

Selvan is correct in what he says about the refund procedure : that's company policy. And the assumption is that everyone can contact Customer Support by phone (remember all that stuff a couple of years ago about Project Whatever-it-was, the global network of call centres?). Unfortunately, James can't call outside China. Slight problem. According to the Refund documents there's the Chat option ... but he can't use that either because the program won't install.

http://home.mcafee.com/Root/Support.aspx?Page=RefundPolicy

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=CS40107&lc=1033

I don't know what Selvan suggested in his PM but I was going to suggest that we bring Tracey in to advise on the best course of action. Being management he knows his way around, he might have some ideas. A pity that all of McAfee in the Continental US has gone AWOL for an extended Thanksgiving holiday; he won't be back until next Monday, but he might be monitoring his emails. It could be worth a try; but I'd let James have a look at whatever Selvan's come up with before trying to get hold of Tracey.

Message was edited by: Hayton on 27/11/13 01:45:06 GMT
Reliable Contributor
Message 14 of 19

Jump to solution

If you want to at least try the China toll-free number (9am to 9pm) to see if they can help it is0800 666 105

Sorry I couldn't post it earlier as I had no access to it plus with the time difference I was asleep.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 27/11/13 8:57:04 EST AM
Reliable Contributor
Message 15 of 19

Jump to solution

Meanwhile I have emailed the aforementioned (by Hayton) management person for help with this.   He usually is very helpful in these matters.

Reliable Contributor Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Message 16 of 19

Jump to solution

Private Message from Selvan indicates that the refund process is under way

This thread should be left alone until we receive confirmation that the refund has been made.

Reliable Contributor selvan
Reliable Contributor
Message 17 of 19

Jump to solution

Hi James,

I have sent you a PM Please check..!

Regards

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I have finally been refunded

I would like to thank Chinthanai Selvan P & Ex_Brit forhis help, as least someone understands how the world should work.

Hayton Quote “He downloaded an English-language version of McAfee from the main download site,whereas Chinese McAfee customers get theirs (legally, at least) either pre-loaded on an OEM box or through a broadband subscription with China Telecomor a mobile subscription with China Unicom.”

Reply = Hayton, I was unable to Download the McAfee® All Access with a1-year subscription, but I was able to down the Free PLUS version (via download.com) it was when I wanted to upgrade and pay for it, that when I ran into all this crap.

I would suggest that McAfee take a very close look of how customers are supplied with their products and  an even closer look at the way of support works.

1. Read the emails from customers; in my first contact with customer support I included that I was unable to use the “GoToAssistStarter”program and in this thread I added screen shot, but still EVERY email from customer support told me to use that program to get help.

I also informed them I was in China, and the Toll Free number was useless.

But still in for other emails from customer support I was told, use the “website to get help, download this, use that” but as I kept on pointing out NOTHING worked.

2. Your website has “Free Technical Support - McAfee VirtualTechnician” System Requirements: Internet Explorer 6 or later, Mozilla Firefox 2.0 or later, and Google Chrome 17.0 or later.

Technical Support for Home and Home Office - What are your country and language?  Why country and language - People do travel. I am in CHINA but I speak ENGLISH.  Why don’t you have ONE page of support numbers for EVERY country in English or put a Google Translastion program in?

3. How would you like to contact us?  When the “chat” option is chosen there’s along list of Please provide the following information and click Submit and then download another program, GOD what a time wasting mess that is!!

4. 90% of the sites I use (godaddy.com) is just one, once you are logged in (BTW your log in is so hard to find) I can chat in real time without using a special program.

I am guessing that once the program is installed there’s a code or license so if someone asks to cancel or a want a refund you can cancel that code or license to stop the program from working.

As for payment I was told that I could use Paypal by KavithaS McAfee Customer Service-Tier 1

I recommend you to contact our sales team so that our trained sales representatives will help you in purchasing McAfeefor offer price using PayPal. I wish McAfee would make up its mind. As Ex_Brit pointed out “ McAfee.com only accepts credit cards.  I agree it would be nice if they allowed Paypal too and we have suggested it many times.”

Basically McAfee needs to take a LONG hard look at the way their support works, let people set up an account and cut out all this‘download a special program crap’

I build websites using Joomla and I can install simple chatboxes that use Real Time, just Google = website chat software= and it will bring up 100's and looking at the Recent Activity in this forum people need better support.

I have download and paid for Norton Security which took less than 10 minutes works fine.

BYW my username is angry_customer1 but I bet there are a lot more than ONE

Regards

James

Message was edited by: angry_customer1 on 12/9/13 4:37:06 AM CST
Reliable Contributor
Message 19 of 19

Jump to solution

Glad you got you refund and good luck.