cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
midwestd17
Level 7

Why is McAfee real time scanning off, ? If I click 'Turn On' it only stays on for 1 second, then off again.

Why is McAfee real time scanning off, ? If I click 'Turn On' it only stays on for 1 second, then off again.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Why is McAfee real time scanning off, ? If I click 'Turn On' it only stays on for 1 second, then off again.

Have you done a hard reboot lately (close Windows, power off then back on and resatart Windows, NOT Sleep or Hibernate)?

That often fixes many issues, & try running the Virtual Technician to see if it finds fault and fixes it.

https://mvt.mcafee.com/

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Re: Why is McAfee real time scanning off, ? If I click 'Turn On' it only stays on for 1 second, then off again.

I also wonder if you have remnants of another scanner present. Did you have 1 installed before you installed Mcafee and not remove it via its own uninstaller?

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Did trying those suggestions resolve your issue?

Try going to your Control Panel/Programs and Features/Uninstall/Restart.

Then run the McAfee MCPR Tool to remove any remnants/Restart if asked.

Go to your account and download/reinstall.

Let us know if that solves your problem please.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
midwestd17
Level 7

I have tried hard reboot, turned computer totally off overnight then restarted it next morning. I do have more than one anti virus company, McAfee, PC Matic and the free version pf Avast.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

That would affect Mcafee if 2 or 3 are active at the same time. they clash. If 2 only used as manual scanners not so much of an issue but if any have real time scanning or its equivalent active you may have issues.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Also PCMatic is nothing more than a registry cleaner and they are almost as bad as having a virus.  They invariably delete more than they should.

Your McAfee is not functioning as it should for the reasons you have listed, PCMatic use and having more than 1 anti-virus installed as PK has mentioned.

See this for some advice: 

0 Kudos