cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my password keep having to be re-set?

First when I realized that when I didn't have a "redirection malware" ending up here and figured out there was not longer the old forum (which I liked better)  I found out I could use my regular password.

Since then, I've visited about 3 times, and each time my new password has been rejected. I've had to reset it each time. Anyone have an answer for that?

3 Replies

Re: Why does my password keep having to be re-set?

I just sent you a private message with a new password which you can change to whatever you desire.  I can only assume that it's your browser not saving passwords correctly - possible a bad cookie.  The answer would be to clear out all your cookies, history etc.  In IE7 or 8 the quickest way to do that is go to Tools/Internet Options/Advanced and click Reset, then Apply and OK.  OK any prompts the system throws up.

Close and reopen IE and go to Tools/Manage Add-ons and re-enable the add-ons.

Thank you, I think I took a short cut before I saw your e-mail reply.  I yet again went through the resetting of my password but this time I ticked on the "remember me" and closed out of my browser, shut off my computer, came back on line,  came to forums and  this time I didn't have to sign in.

so in my case "remember me" seemed to be the answer.  I think I have the browser set to not remember passwords (if that is possible in IE). So somehow I over-rode it for this forum or else "remember me" sets a cookie.

Glad it was that simple.  Good luck!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community