cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ggz
Level 7

Why do I have tiny red & green dots on all my files and pictures?

Every time I open a folder, every file and photo has tiny red or green dot on it.  The red dot has an exclamation point on it and the green dot has a check mark on it.  It looks like some kind of rating system on what's safe and what's not safe,  This has been on my files about 3 weeks.  They don't seem to interfere with my using the file, and the dot is not on the files after it is selected and put in a document.

My PC is a Gateway SX 2300 with Windows 7. I don't know for sure what I was doing at the time I noticed them, but I had been trying to get my files better organized and uninstalling some programs that i didn't want to keep.

If anyone knows what they are .....Great!   Even better if someone can tell me how to get rid of them.  Am attaching a couple of files for samples.

Thank you,

ggz

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Aldrin
Level 12

Re: Why do I have tiny red & green dots on all my files and pictures?

Hello,

When I checked your McAfee account status, found that you have used McAfee Online Backup and archived 409,600.15 MB of files from your computer (GATEWAY-PC).

This may occur if you have configured your computer to archive files through McAfee Online Backup program. Normally the files whatever shows in Green check mark are archived properly and the ones which are in Red exclamation are not been uploaded/updated after some recent modification to the computer (or) it may be downloaded to the computer after the upload was done. You may try to perform a full back up again and check the status

Let us know if this helps you

0 Kudos
ggz
Level 7

Aldrin...

Thanks.  That makes sense now that I know.  What I didn't know was the fact that I was using McAfee Online Backup.  Where can I get more information. Can't you select what to backup or not?  If I do a complete backup again, will it remove these notations I have on my files now?

Thanks again,

ggz

0 Kudos
Aldrin
Level 12

Sure, you can select the files on any location on the computer to be taken as a backup and Yes that should remove the anotations....Cheers

0 Kudos