cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zfeng
Level 7

When will you guys have Windows 8 version?

I want to install Windows 8, but after it scaned my PC, it said

I need to uninstall McAfee Internet Security Suite because it isn't compatible with Windows 8.

Well, i really want to know when will you guys have Windows 8 version?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: When will you guys have Windows 8 version?

When Windows 8 is officially released to the public later this month then there will be compatibility.

The only version that was compatible with Windows 8 CP and RP was the beta product, however even that is not fully compatible with Windows 8 RTM yet.   The retail version has never been Windows 8 compliant as per the System Requirements tab on the product pages here (for one example):  http://home.mcafee.com/store/total-protection

Once Microsoft officially releases the OS then things should work.  The account servers will then detect the OS and deliver the appropriate version automatically.

Until then I suggest you simply use Windows Firewall & Windows Defender which, in Windows 8 only, is also an antivirus and is basically Microsoft Security Essentials renamed.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 05/10/12 9:51:39 EDT AM
0 Kudos
aarrrgary
Level 7

Hello

Almost the same question, I used the Windows 8 Pro install checker at the weekend and it told me McAfee Total Protection was not supported, is that just the version I have installed at this time or is this MS trying to sell more of their own products?

Gary

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

MSC 11.6.435 will be compatible with an update requiring a reboot, which started distribution on Friday..  An update is in the process of being distributed to retail customers but may take a week to reach everyone.  Those who obtain theirs via 3rd parties such as their ISP's or PC makers for instance, are at their mercy unfortunately as McAfee can't force them to pass it on immediately.

Meanwhile the beta version is fully compatible:  https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-1236

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 30/10/12 3:22:29 EDT PM
0 Kudos
aarrrgary
Level 7

Thanks Peter.

Regards

Gary

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

You're welcome.  You posted just as I was clarifying my post above with a little more of an explanation.  Anyway, good luck.

0 Kudos