cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phansee
Level 7

What version of McAfee Security Center should I be using?

Jump to solution

I have McAfee Total Protection on 3 computers.  Two of my computers are running VISTA Home Premium and McAfee Security Center 9.15.  My other computer is still running Windows XP but the McAfee Security Center appears to be a newer version.  Can't find the "About" button to see what version it is.  My question is "What version of McAfee Security Center should I be running on each computer?"  Thanks to all who respond.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
k3tg
Level 14

Re: What version of McAfee Security Center should I be using?

Jump to solution

Click on the red "M" shield in your taskbar, this opens up MSC and then click "Navigation", when the "Navigation Center" opens then click "About" under McAfee Resources to give you the version of McAfee in your computer. Your other 2 computers are still running the 2009 version, but they will eventually upgraded to the new 2010 version since you still have a valid subscription. You can put the new version on both of them sooner by uninstalling and running the MCPR removal tool. You would then login to your McAfee account and download the new software for each machine. The choice to do that is entirely up to you. Hope this answers your question.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
k3tg
Level 14

Jump to solution

Click on the red "M" shield in your taskbar, this opens up MSC and then click "Navigation", when the "Navigation Center" opens then click "About" under McAfee Resources to give you the version of McAfee in your computer. Your other 2 computers are still running the 2009 version, but they will eventually upgraded to the new 2010 version since you still have a valid subscription. You can put the new version on both of them sooner by uninstalling and running the MCPR removal tool. You would then login to your McAfee account and download the new software for each machine. The choice to do that is entirely up to you. Hope this answers your question.

0 Kudos
phansee
Level 7

Jump to solution

k3tg,

Thanks so much for your very quick response.  It was the correct answer to my question!

phansee

0 Kudos
k3tg
Level 14

Jump to solution

Your welcome

0 Kudos