cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Webmer: What is SR# (Service Request ID)?

Jump to solution

Hi.

Am I to understand, WebMer is a tool that collect some data from PC and sending it to McAfee support?

And what is SR#? Where I can get the Service Request ID?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Moderator selvan
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Webmer: What is SR# (Service Request ID)?

Jump to solution

@Schopenhauer wrote:

Hi.

Am I to understand, WebMer is a tool that collect some data from PC and sending it to McAfee support?

Yes, McAfee related events are stored to a folder in Windows explorer which is collected by WebMer however it doesn't automatically upload the contents. you will be assisted by a support representative for uploading the logs to McAfee

SR # stands for Service Request number which is often created when you submit a Support request. This is basically a Reference number confirming that you have a ticket open with McAfee support.

1 Reply
Moderator selvan
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Webmer: What is SR# (Service Request ID)?

Jump to solution

@Schopenhauer wrote:

Hi.

Yes, McAfee related events are stored to a folder in Windows explorer which is collected by WebMer however it doesn't automatically upload the contents. you will be assisted by a support representative for uploading the logs to McAfee

SR # stands for Service Request number which is often created when you submit a Support request. This is basically a Reference number confirming that you have a ticket open with McAfee support.

McAfee Support Mobile App Available
With the new McAfee Support Mobile App you’ll be able to update, close, and view service requests on your mobile device. The app will also notify you when one of our technical support engineers update a service request. Download the Android version from Google Play and the iOS version from the Apple App Store today!