cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WONT LET ME EXCLUDE A FOLDER!

Bought a game, the .exe the comes with the downloadable game isn't let through the Real-time scanning or whatever and ultimately wont let me play the game. The developers of the game have told me to exclude the required files. Upon doing so, I doesn't allow me to exclude them and I am given to further option to counter-act it. It comes up with rubbish saying that they are crucial for Mcafee to scan when they are only game folders!

ANY SOLUTIONS!!!!!!!!?????????

5 Replies

Re: WONT LET ME EXCLUDE A FOLDER!

Sorry, I meant to say 'I wasn't given any further option to counter-act it.'

Sorry until Mcafee adds the option into version 13.* or later  you have to follow this method

Submit the file as per

http://vil.nai.com/vil/submit-sample.aspx

You will get a reply with an analysis Id number post that number here and reply to that email changing the subject to possible false detection and name of the detection

Allow 4 days and if no fix done post back and I will chase a tech up.

Note exclusion of a folder of file is serious you have to be certain the file is safe so I assume Mcafee is holding off adding this feature for that reason.

That's not acceptable I'm afraid, I'm gonna cancel my subscription and just get a free AV software, this is just pathetic service in all honesty. It says the file limit is 30mb, the files I require are over 1gb in size. How long will it take for Mcafee to put out update 13?

13 in beta but that real time scanning option for folders will not be added till q3 my guess. It was in the release version but er had issues so was removed till 13 released to the public.

If you tell me the game and the exe file  maybe Mcafee can grab it them selves

exbrit
Level 21
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 6 of 6

This feature used to be a part of all the various packages but was taken away because people were abusing it & excluding malicious files, thereby causing problems for others.

As Tony says, it is poised to be re-released, however we have no idea when.   Until then you can still ignore a file or folder when doing a manual or scheduled scna, but not for the permanent or "Real-Time" scanner....yet.

Until then follow the guidelines I outlined here:  https://community.mcafee.com/thread/2016   The GetSusp option may work for large files.