cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trez01
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

WHY AM I BEING ASKED TO REINSTALL THIS STUPID PROGRAMME EVRY 2 DAYS I PAID MY FEES? THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS

I HAVE McAFEE AND IT IS MAKING ME REINSTALL IT EVERY TIME I COME ON MY COMPUTER AND I AM UP TO DATE WITH MY PAYMENTS! I AM TRUELY THINKING ABOUT CHANGING PROTECTORS I HAVE BEEN WITH MACAFEE JUST OVER 20 YEARS NOW?

3 Replies

Re: WHY AM I BEING ASKED TO REINSTALL THIS STUPID PROGRAMME EVRY 2 DAYS I PAID MY FEES? THIS IS OUTRAGOUS

How long have you had it installed before this started? Did you verify the subscription  (right click the shield)?

Try calling support Link below it is free.

I assume you have not another Antivirus installed or had 1? If you had 1 it should have been uninstalled with its own removal tool.

When you uninstalled/reinstalled McAfee did you follow the removal method in my signature?

Also reset Internet explorer to defaults and you can try some of the free scanner in my sig as you might have picked up a nasty that is causing this

PS post in caps is considered rude even if you are annoyed.

Tony

Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
No unrequested PMs please
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

How To Uninstall/Reinstall McAfee Consumer Products EXCEPT Anti-Theft
Free Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Removal Tools

exbrit
Level 21
Message 3 of 4

Re: WHY AM I BEING ASKED TO REINSTALL THIS STUPID PROGRAMME EVRY 2 DAYS I PAID MY FEES? THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS

Also check if you have an extra programme that you don't need called Security Scan Plus in Control Panel > Programs and Features.  If it's listed, uninstall it.

Very important, make sure Windows is totally up to date (whatever your OS is) and make sure that Internet Explorer is also up to date, even if you never use it.   Other processes do use it in the background.

exbrit
Level 21
Message 4 of 4

Re: WHY AM I BEING ASKED TO REINSTALL THIS STUPID PROGRAMME EVRY 2 DAYS I PAID MY FEES? THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS

As Tony had said, Technical Support is free of charge by phone or online chat, they are probably the best people to sort this out for you.