cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alda
Level 7

WHAT does it take to be able to access customer service???

I have just bought a McAfee product online and went to download it. In the terms and conditions it states that I am agreeing to an automatic renewal at the end of the term. I am not OK with this. If I understand the terms correctly, I have to do a manual cancellation of my account - which I would like to do now, for the end of the term.

HOWEVER.

When I go to ask the question in customer service, I encounter a rather serious problem. FIRST my country is not listed. I am told I have to go through the UK region. Fine. THEN I am told I need to choose - email or chat, except that ONLY chat is available. Fine. I then to go fill in the fields. NO MATTER WHAT I TRY, WHEN I FILL IN THE PHONE NUMBER FIELD, IT INVARIABLY INFORMS ME THAT THE PHONE NUMBER IS NOT VALID.

I have tried everything. Tried my real number. Not valid. Tried a fake number. Not valid. Even tried McAfee's own number. Not valid.

IS THERE ANY PHONE NUMBER VALID, ACCORDING TO MCAFEE?

Without a VALID phone number, apparently I cannot submit the form, and without submitting the form, THERE IS NO WAY TO ACCESS CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Is my frustration showing yet???

If anyone from McAfee monitors these forums, would they kindly let me know how the hell I can get through to anyone who can address my issue?

This relationship is not starting well. In fact, I am tempted to cancel my subscription altogether - EXCEPT THAT I CAN'T ACCESS CUSTOMER SERVICE.

And incidentally, making an overseas call to customer service, where I am told the wait time is 10-30 minutes, is not an option. At least not on my dime.

10 Replies
Dinz
Level 16

Re: WHAT does it take to be able to access customer service???

Hi.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, May I know which region you are from so that I can provide you with the concerned contact information.

Thanks,
Dinesh K

0 Kudos
Alda
Level 7

Dinesh, I'm in Iceland. From what I can see, my country falls under UK region. However, as described above, my attempts to access help there have been unsuccessful.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

There isn't a local McAfee office in Iceland but there is one in Denmark: http://service.mcafee.com/CustomerService.aspx?lc=1030&sg=CS&pt=1

You could use the online Chat for any country listed to save a long distance phone call.

When you click McAfee Support at the top of this page and then Home and Home office Support, then click Customer Service you will see the countries listed at top right and there is a link "My country is not listed" which will give the contacts for the head office for the local areas.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 11/12/09 11:01:41 EST AM
0 Kudos
Alda
Level 7

Peter - wrong. It doesn't matter what I choose (chat or email) or for what country (listed or not, responsible for my country or not) - the same form always pops up and I cannot proceed past it without providing a VALID phone number.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

I've had this discussion before many times...it seems to not like the phone number unless it is inserted exactly as it wants it...let me do some searching for information on that and I will get back to you..

Meanwhile there is always Denmark phone help:

Telefonisk kundeservice

Ring på 3 5258321, hvis du vil tale med en medarbejder i kundeservice. Du skal oplyse din registrerede e-mail-adresse og dit bestillingsnummer. Opkaldet sker muligvis til gældende telefontakst.
Beregnet ventetid: 10-30 minutter
Åbningstid: 10:00-17:00 local, Mandag til fredag

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 11/12/09 11:23:52 EST AM
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Found my post from ages ago...

Enter the phone number as 000-xxx-xxxx where 000 is your area code and
the balance is your 7 digit phone number and make sure you have the
hyphens.

If you don't have a 7 digit phone number then you have to improvise with the country and city codes as well.

0 Kudos
Alda
Level 7

Thank you, Peter. That is helpful and that DID work.

However, perhaps it could be passed on to McAfee to actually MAKE THAT CLEAR ON THE FORM so people like me don't have to spend an inordinate amount of time trying to figure this out, by posting to forums, etc.?

Incidentally, I would like to be able to email customer service in the UK. do you have any idea why this is not possible - they only offer live chat and I don't have time right now to download the program, wait for the chat person, etc. etc.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Glad it worked.  The email option was removed because it just didn't work to everyone's satisfaction & I'm afraid we don't have any email addresses to give.   I guess it's too late for today so you could try the Chat on Monday.

I have once again made the issue of clear instructions on how to access the Chat client an item on the agenda for our next conference call with McAfee as this is by no means the first time it has happened.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 12/12/09 7:13:58 EST PM
0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Alda,

As per you region ; you can reach customer service with this link http://service.mcafee.com/LocaleSelect.aspx?lc=2057&sg=CS&pt=1&st=PHONE

Thanks,

Dinesh K

0 Kudos