cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
llantgen
Level 7

Vista Defender?

This seems to be a common occurance but I'm not finding anything specific to my question.  I even used the live chat and no sucess.  Ever since I installed the 3 -User McAfee Total Protection (Windows)I am getting constant Vista Defender popups and it is telling me I have all of these viruses.  I have two questions.

1.  Should I disable window protection as McAfee suggests? If so, how?

2.  Why would there be virus's when I have always had Virus protection? It says I have 32 infections.  Are these for real?

I attached a list of the infections Vista Defender is telling me I have.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CopyRon
Level 10

Re: Vista Defender?

Before installing McAfee, did you have a Virus program installed?

Is windows Defender up to date?

Link to Windows Defender

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Turn-Windows-Defender-on-or-off

0 Kudos
llantgen
Level 7

Re: Vista Defender?

I have always had McAfee installed.  The Vista Defender messages didn't start until I did the latest which was the 3-User McAfee Total Protection installation.  McAfee has a doc out there that says this has happened before but following their instructions did not work, nor did the live chat agent fix the problem.  I want to stop the popups and know if I truely do have all of these virus's if so, why hasn't McAfee caught them?  Or is it a thing Window's is using to get me to buy more of their product?

0 Kudos