cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vista Computer stopped working with McAfee

Jump to solution

I have McAfee through Brighthouse/Spectrem. Noticed last week that McAfee made a big change last week on my Windows 10 machine. On the Vista computer it said my subscription had expired. My subscription comes with Brighthouse. Any ideas?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Moderator GaneshR
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Vista Computer stopped working with McAfee

Jump to solution

Hi @patrick_crotty 

Looks like this is a subscription issue. Please open McAfee UI and go to "My Info" tab. Check if you see any email address and subscription details. You should ideally not see any if your subscription is through Brighthouse. If at all you see any please uninstall Mcafee and reinstall it from your Brighthouse account.

Regards

Ganesh Raju R

Jump to solution

Went to Brighhouse to redownload McAfee provided by Brighthouse and found Vista does not meet system requirements.

3 Replies
Moderator GaneshR
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi @patrick_crotty 

Looks like this is a subscription issue. Please open McAfee UI and go to "My Info" tab. Check if you see any email address and subscription details. You should ideally not see any if your subscription is through Brighthouse. If at all you see any please uninstall Mcafee and reinstall it from your Brighthouse account.

Regards

Ganesh Raju R

Jump to solution

Went to Brighhouse to redownload McAfee provided by Brighthouse and found Vista does not meet system requirements.

Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Vista, as it is unsupported by Microsoft, likewise it is unsupported by McAfee.

A  quick look at the product pages got me this as part of the System Requirements.

Microsoft Windows 10, 8.1, 8, and 7 SP1 (32- and 64-bit)

With all due respect I don't think subscription has anything to do with it.

---
Peter
Toronto, Canada
---