cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virus protection PC to iMac

Can I put the virus protection product I bought for my pc on my new iMac. I no longer have the pc.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: Virus protection PC to iMac

The question being is, What suite of McAfee Protection do you have, and is it a Active Subscription?

Normally one would remove from their computer before installing on another. Do you by chance have a (3) license or more Subscription?

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Moderator 1

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos

I have the total protection package for 3 computers.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

The only PC products that can be used to some extent on a MAC are "All Access" or "LiveSafe" otherwise one of the suites specific to MAC's has to be purchased.

See the product page here (top and bottom sections):  Antivirus Software, Virus Scan, Internet Security Protection | Home and Home Office Store | McAfee.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Total Protection is valid only on PC's, no MAC's except when using a Windows Virtual Machine on a MAC.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Exactly...That is why I asked what type?

Thanks Ex_Brit

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Sorry, but just happened to see that.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

No reason to apologise, you as always was simply helping out

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone. Not sure I really need virus software on my Mac. Guess I will just let it lapse. Was hoping I could just "exchange" it for a Mac version since I still have six months on my membership. My guess is they won't do that. Thanks!

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Despite what Apple may claim, there have been several major viral attacks on MAC's so I would do some online research on the subject.

0 Kudos