cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor selvan
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 21 of 34

Re: Re: Re: Re: Virus Scan and Quick Clean start 5 hours early.

Were you able to replicate this on the Retail? If so then we might need to speed things up.

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 22 of 34

Re: Re: Virus Scan and Quick Clean start 5 hours early.

NO re retail but I do not usually use it . My retail PCs are win 7 this win 8.1 and beta. I do not know Stewdanko's OS. I will check Retail later on 

Markm said

Same team handles both. If the problem exists in Beta, they’ll test for it in Retail as well and implement a fix for both.

Peacekeeper wrote:

NO re retail but I do not usually use it . My retail PCs are win 7 this win 8.1 and beta. I do not know Stewdanko's OS. I will check Retail later on

Markm said

Same team handles both. If the problem exists in Beta, they’ll test for it in Retail as well and implement a fix for both.

My OS is Windows 8.1 Pro.

Reliable Contributor
Message 24 of 34

Ah I am testing my win 7 install later today. Wonder if this a 8.1 issue as I have 8.1 64bit pro

Reliable Contributor
Message 25 of 34

OK Selvan I am uploading logs via mctrace to the Beta team

Stewdanko and Selvan

My results are

Win 8.1 start time varies -5hrs common but tonight I got -1hr 10m and -1hr 5m and -10m and on time really nuts. I got a log on 1st start as well of a -5 start 2 days ago so that could help.

Win 7 1 start on time and 1 start 30 mins late no early starts. Unsure if that means this a win 8.1 issue.

Stewdanko will leave you in selvan's hands

Re: Virus Scan and Quick Clean start 5 hours early.

Chinthanai Selvan P wrote:

Peacekeeper Were you able to replicate this on the Retail? If so then we might need to speed things up.

@Peacekeeper has responded to your queries and has verified that this occurs on Windows 8.1 and not Windows 7.  The program may be accessing GMT time vs. local time for the start time.  I haven't heard from you in a while.  Where are we on this?

Reliable Contributor
Message 27 of 34

I would like to inform you that this particular issue is being worked on. has bug reported it for beta. Once it's fixed for beta the patch will be applied for retail eventually. Will need to check with the concerned team on timeline and ETA. Keep this thread updated as and when I receive info.

Thanks.

Reliable Contributor
Message 28 of 34

Till then I disabled QC on my 3 PCs so will do a manual scan till the fix comes

Reliable Contributor
Message 29 of 34

Hi ,

Please PM me the location and/or the contact details for the logs that you shared.

Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Message 30 of 34

I moved it to the appropriate area for better support. As for escalating the issue, other than contacting Technical Support, or possibly having our Resident Forum Tech take a look at your issue. I could contact him as by reading your past comments, you were unhappy with the effort on their part.

I must go for now,as I have had a 'Family Emergency' occur. I like my Colleagues are 'Volunteer Moderators', and offer assistance when we can. I am certain one will pick up this thread shortly.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community