cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Virus Scan and Quick Clean start 5 hours early.

I just got off the phone with Dell Technical Support for McAfee.  They told me that I need to switch completely to a manual scan and there was no way they could fix my problem.  I asked them to escalate this with an incident to a McAfee developer and was told that they were not authorized to do so.  I told them that if I wanted to do manual scans, that I might as well use a free service such as Avast.  They then offered me a refund and refused to take the incident any further.

I will be writing to Christopher Young at Intel and telling him that the Dell support for McAfee is non-existent.  I will recommend, once again, that he terminate their contract.  The support I get on my McAfee product is a joke.

Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 34

Will pass this on the the lead support agent I know and ask him what, if anything, he can do.

Okay, thanks.  I will be writing to McAfee and Dell executives about this as well.

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 14 of 34

Would not hurt.

Reliable Contributor selvan
Reliable Contributor
Message 15 of 34

Re: Re: Virus Scan and Quick Clean start 5 hours early.

Hi

I will be reviewing the SR 1788090466 and post back what exactly happened with the Support Interaction. In the mean time could you please post back the version of McAfee installed.

Open McAfee GUI > About > Version of Security Center

Regards

Chinthanai Selvan P wrote:

Hi Stew Danko

I will be reviewing the SR 1788090466 and post back what exactly happened with the Support Interaction. In the mean time could you please post back the version of McAfee installed.

Open McAfee GUI > About > Version of Security Center

Regards

Version 14.0

Build 14.0.1076

Reliable Contributor
Message 17 of 34

Defect reported by me now with Quickclean team.

But you should still push this as well.

Reliable Contributor
Message 18 of 34

Peacekeeper wrote:

Defect reported by me now with Quickclean team.

Hi,

Is this for Beta or the Retail?

Reliable Contributor
Message 19 of 34

Re: Re: Re: Virus Scan and Quick Clean start 5 hours early.

I reviewed the SR 1788090466 and also reviewed the subsequent SRs under your contact. All of them indicated that known troubleshooting steps for fixing this issue have been attempted already. Here's what i suggest,

Your MSC version is 14.0.1076 and the latest one being 14.0.4113 we may wait for this build and see if issue occurs. If it does, then we can replicate this issue and gather logs for analysis preferably from your machine. Try manually updating McAfee and see if you get this build. Once you get it post back in this thread for us to follow up.

R4.png

Reliable Contributor
Message 20 of 34

Re: Re: Re: Virus Scan and Quick Clean start 5 hours early.

Selvan I am on 14.0.4113 issue still shows but not every time I am monitoring. Still worth Stewdanko getting an update and check  and provide logs.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community