cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mfl100
Level 7

Virus Scan Pauses Intermittently When Doing Scheduled Scan

On my Windows 7 64x computers, VirusScan pauses on its own intermittently during scheduled scans.  There is no way of knowing this has happened unless I open up the application.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Virus Scan Pauses Intermittently When Doing Scheduled Scan

It can do that automatically if the CPU usage climbs too high, such as when another application is running.  It also can appear to pause when unpacking a large compressed file.

That's what they tell us.  I'm afraid I can't tell you the technical details of same as I don't know them.

0 Kudos
mfl100
Level 7

That's discouraging.  It only happens on my most powerful computers with AMD Phenom II 6x 1035 & 1045 processors, never on my old sluggish XP computers where other apps slow down while the scan is underway. 

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

It's probably something to do with the way XP handles things differently from the later OS's, but I'm just guessing.  Let's hope someone spots this who has more knowledge on the matter.

0 Kudos

I've been getting this too. I am wondering why it does this too.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

It's been a while since this thread was active.  It pauses when it has to unwrap a zipped/compresssed file, for one example.  If it's an undue problem for you contact Technical Support via Useful Links at the top of the page...it's a free phone call or online chat.

0 Kudos
pusaqall
Level 7

You have lots of application running in your computer from time to time, try checking the previous programs you installed to see if it has some sort of feature that runs in your background.

0 Kudos