cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
really459
Level 7

Virus Help Please

Hi all : )  Hoping for some help with a virus.  I ran McAfee and Stinger, the results are below.  I keep getting popups

Files indexation process failed,

Windows OS can’t detect a free hard disk space problem  and a few others.

I found removal tooks on trojan-killer.net but wasn't sure if that site is ok or not.

Here is the log will some one advise?  I ran report only and I'm not sure if I should scan with delete checked now or not. 

I appreciate it.  Thanks!

See log attached.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: Virus Help Please

Hi,

From the Stinger report, it seems you have a Spyware infection Win32/FakeSysDef.

Are you getting error messages pertaining to your hard drive and is a program called System Fix running scans on the computer..?

If so, you might be experiencing other problems as well - like black desktop background, missing shortcuts, empty start menu etc.

You can go ahead and use stinger with the "delete" option.

It doubt whether it will remove the infection completely, but a few files associated with the infection will certainly be removed.

Regards,

MM

0 Kudos
really459
Level 7

Yes I'm having all the problems you posted.  Can you tell me the best way to delete the infection completely?

0 Kudos
really459
Level 7

So when I look at the list of "viruses stinger can detect and clean" how do I delete them?  I checked the box delete in preferenced but the list is still there...

Thank you for your time : )

0 Kudos
really459
Level 7

Duh that's a list of the viruses stinger can delete.  I wonder if it deleted mine LOL!!!

0 Kudos