cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jerjim
Level 7

Virtual Technician

Jump to solution

Can someone provide information about this application?  Why is it taking so long to initialize?  Is the program running a scan on my PC?  A full scan takes about 4-6 hours.  Does McAfee expect me to sit here for that long before I can contact there support technician?

I am trying to contact support about the scan functionality stopped working on the McAfee Internet Security software.  The program did an automatic update (2011-05-12), I later shutdown the PC.  Several hours later after restarting the PC, the real-time scan stopped working.  Also, I tried to do a quick and full scan, both issued an error.

Now with the Virtual Technician running for the last two hours, I still cannot contact McAfee support.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jaymfe
Level 12

Re: Virtual Technician

Jump to solution

You can contact McAfee technician without running McAfee Virtual Technician using the below link.

http://service.mcafee.com/LocaleSelect.aspx?lc=1033&sg=TS&pt=1&st=CHAT

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jaymfe
Level 12

Jump to solution

You can contact McAfee technician without running McAfee Virtual Technician using the below link.

http://service.mcafee.com/LocaleSelect.aspx?lc=1033&sg=TS&pt=1&st=CHAT

0 Kudos
jerjim
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you for the information - Virtual Technician never stopped running on its own.  I contacted McAfee Fee Based support.  They stopped the Virtual Technician and ran again successfully.  They also solved the problem with the scans not working - 4 hrs of effort on their part, but they stuck to it until corrected.  There were no error message numbers on the scans - just that an error occurred and should go back and start again.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

You any idea what was the issue or was it many? That was doggered service 4hrs and all free.

Will mark as answered

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

Also what error did it issue?

0 Kudos