I just installed McAfee Total Protection today and my surface just became extremely laggy and slow.
Task Manager shows the CPU running a 100% which I never have that issue.
Below are screeshots with the different processes currently running. I only have 2 Chrome sessions open each with a couple of Tabs and Outlook.
I normally run multiple browser sessions and various large spreadsheets and other imaging programs, but I just started having this issue after installing mcAfee today.
Surface Pro 4
Windows 10 Pro
Intel i7-6650U @2.20GHz(4 CPUs)
Thank you for reporting the issue. I checked if I am able to reproduce the issue on lab PC but had no luck. Also I do not see many customers reporting this issue. I would need the below details to understand what could be causing this problem and we can take it forward from there.
1. Does a reboot bring down the CPU usage? If yes, how long does it take before the CPU usage shoots back up?
2. Have you noticed any pattern on what triggers this issue? Example: Opening any specific program, etc.
3. Apart from McAfee, is any other security program or like installed?
4. What is the version McAfee installed? This can be identified from About window.
5. Are there any pending windows update?
Once you provide me the above information, we can coordinate and proceed further.