cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nikolar
Level 7

Updating problem

So, I have Total Protection 2012 and the problem is that it constanly asks for an update.Sometimes its every 5 minutes...sometimes more.As far as I could notice McAfee doesn't download anything in the process.

After it "updates" a pop up tells me that my PC is secure and up to date, but shortwhile after another pop up tells me that my PC is under risk and that there is an update available.Note that Automatic updates are turned ON under "Download and install updates automaticaly" setting.

Anyone's help is greatelly appreciated

PS: I have Windows 7 Home Premium SP1

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Re: Updating problem

Try the MVT virtual tech program here

http://service.mcafee.com/TechSupportHome.aspx?lc=1033&sg=TS

see what it says then note session number and call support

from the same page.

I assume you have scanned your Pc for malware with Mcafee and some of these

McAfee Communities: Anti-Spyware, Malware & Hijacker Tools

0 Kudos
nikolar
Level 7

I've tried most of the things you suggested.

The Virtual tehnician doesn't find anything wrong with McAfee and the AV itself doesn't find any malware.Same result with other scaners suggested on the page you linked.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

I would assume it is time for a reinstall. Mcafee support when you call them will ask to do it so best to call them and see what they say.

http://service.mcafee.com/TechSupportHome.aspx?lc=1033&sg=TS

0 Kudos
karthiks
Level 12

Hi,

Check the problem persists even after the reinstall as suggested by tony above, if do please update all the McAfee versions here so I can check what is happening and will give you the steps to check the issue. Thanks,

• Open McAfee Security Center
  • Click on About at the top right corner of the McAfee screen
  • Get all the versions by taking a screen shot and attach the same here.
0 Kudos
nikolar
Level 7

It seems that the reinstallation solved the problem.Didn't know if it was a known issue so I had to ask you guys for help

Thanks

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Good to see sometimes an installation gets a file loaded badly so though annoying a reinstall can save you time in the end. Enjoy.

0 Kudos