Did you mean: 
winman
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Update mcafee silently using command

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am using Mcafee Internet security, with mcafee security center version: 12.8 and antivirus: version 16.8. I want to update Mcafee silently using command.

I have came across the mcafee command C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\Agent\mcupdate /update /quiet This command  works but it is not executing silently. When I  run the command the Mcafee internet security window opens. How can update without any prompts ?

Can anyone please help me in this ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
Level 21
Message 2 of 6

Re: Update mcafee silently using command

Jump to solution

It's not possible with the Consumer product I'm afraid.   The only update options are those baked into the user interface or by right-clicking the taskbar icon by the system clock.

Updates occur usually daily for the antivirus and less frequently for the rest and are never at any predetermined time, in other words, could occur at any time.

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools

5 Replies
exbrit
Level 21
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

It's not possible with the Consumer product I'm afraid.   The only update options are those baked into the user interface or by right-clicking the taskbar icon by the system clock.

Updates occur usually daily for the antivirus and less frequently for the rest and are never at any predetermined time, in other words, could occur at any time.

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools

Jump to solution

As said,As far I know silent update feature is not available for McAfee Consumer Products. Only option you have is to change update notification settings.

winman
Level 7
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

I found this   Can you please tell why it is not working for me?

Jump to solution

Again the thread you are referring to, is Enterprise/Corporate not to be confused with the Consumer Version.

Regards,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
Level 21
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

The Enterprise products are totally different from the consumer versions.  Those instructions don't apply.  As I stated already and Catdaddy & nikenth clarified, it isn't possible.