cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cwteague1
Level 7

Update Prompt Boxes won't close

McAfee prompt boxes pull up at bottom right of page. These are notifications including "Software Updated" prompts.  At the bottom of the prompt, it has a clickable radio button that says "OK" which I assume should close the prompt box.  Well, you hit the button and they don't close. I have to move them around the screen to hide and have to restart my computer permanently close them. But, they always pop back up within an hour.

A McAfee svc rep uninstalled/reinstalled my McAfee program yesterday claiming this would cure the problem. After I restarted, one of these boxes popped back up and now I'm looking for another option.  This only started happening with the new McAfee program.

Thanks in advance for any help. CWT

0 Kudos
4 Replies
cwteague1
Level 7

Re: Update Prompt Boxes won't close

Still no luck in getting this resolved. Anyone have any advice?  Thanks, CWT

0 Kudos
k3tg
Level 14

I recommend you contact Technical Support Chat and tell them what happened the last time you contacted them and post the session id number here on the forum. Do you still have the session id from your initial chat?

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Mine says close after it checks for updates and finds none. Does yours?  It then closes when close selected

0 Kudos
cwteague1
Level 7

A prompt box will pop up saying "Software Updated.....McAfee Installed teh latest updates for:".  It gives me the option of clicking on "do not show this alert again" then I try to depress "OK" button to close the prompt.  "OK" button does not work.

0 Kudos