cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Unwanted Signup and Charge

About a mount ago I bought a new PC that came with a free one month  trial of Mcafee. Now I do not use Mcafee nor did I ever plan to. So when the popups started to come in asking me to sign up for a full subscription, I ignored it. I was confident in that since I never gave my information to Mcafee they could never automatically sign me up and start charging me, as predatory subscription services are want to do to unsuspecting customers who get a free trial. It turned out I was wrong.

One month after I bought my PC a mysterious charge of $97.41 appeared on my bank statement under the name "Mcafee". Now I have no idea how Mcafee managed to get the personal information needed to charge me almost one hundred dollars, but know that I am working to get a refund.

There is an issue however due to the circumstances of never having signed up for an account with Mcafee in the first place. And that is I do not know how to log into said account and cancel it. So my questions to anyone reading this are as followed:

1. How do I sign in to this account which was created in my name?

2. How did Mcafee get the personal information needed to charge me for a subscription?

3. How do I prevent this from happening again?

And

4. Has anyone else experienced this happening to them?

1 Reply
Highlighted
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Unwanted Signup and Charge

Hi @DMscarab 

You should be able to get a Refund provided the purchase date is less than or equal to 60 days. Contact our support for further queries from here

Regards

Ganesh Raju R

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community