cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted Signup and Charge

About a mount ago I bought a new PC that came with a free one month  trial of Mcafee. Now I do not use Mcafee nor did I ever plan to. So when the popups started to come in asking me to sign up for a full subscription, I ignored it. I was confident in that since I never gave my information to Mcafee they could never automatically sign me up and start charging me, as predatory subscription services are want to do to unsuspecting customers who get a free trial. It turned out I was wrong.

One month after I bought my PC a mysterious charge of $97.41 appeared on my bank statement under the name "Mcafee". Now I have no idea how Mcafee managed to get the personal information needed to charge me almost one hundred dollars, but know that I am working to get a refund.

There is an issue however due to the circumstances of never having signed up for an account with Mcafee in the first place. And that is I do not know how to log into said account and cancel it. So my questions to anyone reading this are as followed:

1. How do I sign in to this account which was created in my name?

2. How did Mcafee get the personal information needed to charge me for a subscription?

3. How do I prevent this from happening again?

And

4. Has anyone else experienced this happening to them?

1 Reply
Highlighted
Moderator GaneshR
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Unwanted Signup and Charge

Hi @DMscarab 

You should be able to get a Refund provided the purchase date is less than or equal to 60 days. Contact our support for further queries from here

Regards

Ganesh Raju R

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community