cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samy2710
Level 7

Unresponsive web browsers

Hi

I having a major problem with all my internet browsers(chrome/Edge/ IE). This is a problem with all the computers that the family uses. After the recent Windows 10 upgrade the web browsers becomes unresponsive and after a while says that the page cannot be reached. I have eliminated all other possibilities and I have reason now to believe that Mc Afee Total protection installed on my PC and on the other family members PC may be causing this issue. I have tested this by uninstalling Mc Afee from one PC and this PC is able browse web pages without any issues. Does any others also have similar issues. Also Mc Afee is also causing intermittent internet disconnections in Windows 10. Is Mc Afee looking into this issues and is there a solution for same?. I have my subscription running up until Feb 18 and no option but to stick with Mc Afee for another year. Further it was not easy to uninstall Mc Afee from the PC. I had to reset the PC and install a clean version of Windows 10 to remove Mc Afee installed in my PC. (Probably I must be not knowing how to uninstall McAfee, I couldn't install any uninstaller programs as my pc is not connecting to any web sites)  Please can someone help with these issues.

Thanks

0 Kudos
9 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: Unresponsive web browsers

Moved from > Community Support to General Discussion > Discussions.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

FYI To uninstall McAfee or any programme go to Control Panel > Programs and Features and uninstall from there.

However this scenario where everything jams up could be related to a recent change in the software.

There is a fix in the works soon but not sure exactly when it will be released.

In the meanwhile do the following (assuming Windows 7, 8/8.1 or 10 being used)

Make sure you are logged in as an Administrator

Open the McAfee interface by double-clicking the desktop taskbar icon (by the clock), or the desktop shortcut or listing in Programs, and click Navigation (upper right side)

Click General Settings and Alerts

Click Access Protection to expand

Turn Access Protection off and click Apply (keep this UI open and minimized to your taskbar for the time being)

Press the Windows key + R

In the Run box type services.msc and hit Enter.

In the resultant Services table locate ClientAnalyticsService

Stop this (may take a few moments to stop)

Double-click the item to open Properties and alter the Startup type to Disabled

Click Apply and OK

Bring up the McAfee interface again and change Access Protection to On, click Apply and then close everything.

Reboot. (i.e  do a complete power down and up).

That should cure it.

0 Kudos
samy2710
Level 7

Thanks Peter, sorry this may be a silly question, for my PC there is only one account type - user as this my personal PC, how do I log in as an administrator ? or am I missing something here

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Please see the following In Windows, how do I create an administrator account?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

samy2710 wrote:

Thanks Peter, sorry this may be a silly question, for my PC there is only one account type - user as this my personal PC, how do I log in as an administrator ? or am I missing something here

Also you may already be an Admin if you are the only user of the machine.  What operating  system is this?

0 Kudos
samy2710
Level 7

Thanks for your time. It's Windows 10 Home came with the Anniversary free upgrade

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Did you create an *Administrator Account*?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

samy2710 wrote:

Thanks for your time. It's Windows 10 Home came with the Anniversary free upgrade

This may prove useful then:  Windows 10 Forums

Peacekeeper
Level 20

I just this minute received a Mcafee Antivirus Plus update that included new versions of McClientAnalytics.exe, McClientAnalytics.dll, and ModuleAnalyticsProxy.dll. The new files have version number 2.1.173.0 (vs. the problematic version 2.1.167.0).

This fix has been throttled to 50K users and is slowly being released to all users. Might fix your issue

0 Kudos