cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmaino
Level 7

Unprotected - won't correct

Not to long ago, we had the AntiVirus Pro malware on one computer and Windows Police Pro on another.  We used the Malware Bytes AntiMalware, but I have reservations about the correlation between the two (multiple) programs.

The Malware Bytes removed the Antivirus Pro and Windows Police Pro, however, my McAfee products haven't worked right since.  I continually get messages that I am not protected.  When I try to "Fix" on one machine, I get the message that I need to verify my subscriptions for "Internet and Network" and for "Parental Controls."  I will verify, but still get error.

I have tried to run the Virtual Technician, but get a message that "McAfee Products cannot be found on this system."  Huh???    I have updated my McAfee, and still get the same error.

I am sure that this issue is directly correlated with the maleware we encountered, because our third computer registered hasn't had any problems with McAfee.

How do I correct this issue?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Dinz
Level 16

Re: Unprotected - won't correct

Hi jmaino,

Prompts from McAfee Security Center requesting that you verify your subscription can have many causes, including issues with your Internet connection or computer settings or even malware infections. To troubleshoot and resolve these issues, please follow the steps below in order.

http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100762&lang=en_US&prior_tid=4&AnswerID=16777217&turl...

Regards,
Dinesh K

0 Kudos
jmaino
Level 7

Dinesh - the e-mail was correct, however for one of the accounts on one computer, it is showing only the SpamKiller and VirusScan are installed.  The "How To" mentions that if the email account is incorrect to uninstall and reinstall with the correct e-mail account.  Is this going to be true with the incomplete list of products?

Thanks for your help,

Janice

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Jmaino,

It clearly indicates that the installations dint go on completely or in other words there are still remnants of the previous mcafee versions as ‘spamkiller’ would be an older version.Kindly follow this link TS100507 and reinstall the programs , you should be alright.

Regards,
Dinesh K

0 Kudos