Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 21 of 21

Re: Uninstalled, Now Can't Reinstall

Possible Solution 1:

Uninstall McAfee Using Add/Remove Programs (will need a Reboot)

THEN, Run the McAfee MCPR (Removal Tool)

THEN, Run The McAfee Pre Install Tool;

Then (The real pain in the butt part), Do a full Format and Reinstall Of the OS, from the ground up (making sure to Format the Drive during the install via Windows).

Once back to the desktop (with all board drivers installed), navigate to the McAfee Website, log in Deauthorize the computer:

Then Run The McAfee Pre Install Tool once again;

Then Attempt to Reinstall MTP once again from the McAfee website via your account.

If it works, then proceed to install all programs you use and fully update Windows and all programs.

This possible solution is a real pain in the butt; however your Computer  does over time become cluttered with remnants of things that were uninstalled, broken connections and the like.

Personally, I like to do a Format & Reinstall at least once a year. And when I do, I do notice that at first the computer runs a heck of a lot faster (more like when it was new a fresh).

I realize that neither are really what you would like to hear; but in lieu of pursuing any other solutions: this would be your best bet.

At least you found information, which exactly identifies your issue; though from what you said even after following the instruction to the letter; the problem still persists for you.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community