cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elmagico_112
Level 7

Uninstall GotoAssist (Citrix) after a chat with mcafee (Technical Support).

Yesterday I spoke with mcafee technical support and this process had to do the installation GotoAssist (Citrix). After that I went uninstall this program from Control Panel but I can not find it anywhere. But I looked at "local" and "temp" (at "Appdata) and there are files on this program (also exist in the registry). How I can successfully remove this program from my computer? Can you explain exactly what to do? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Uninstall GotoAssist (Citrix) after a chat with mcafee (Technical Support).

All I can find on my machine after my last session with Support is a small 101kb file called gotoassisthelper.exe in C:\Users\-yourname-

I think that's all that remains after a session, the rest would be temporary I would imagine and any logs would be within the regular McAfee software anyway.

0 Kudos
elmagico_112
Level 7

Basically I uninstall macfee security center. I have no macfee program. The program GotoAssist has a computer C:/Users/yourname/Appdata/Local/Citrix/GotoAssist_service_896, C:/Users/yourname/Appdata/Local/Temp/Citrixlogs, etc. The registry does not know does has. How can I what has to register and general computer and delete them? Thank you!

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Can't you simply delete them?    GotoAssist isn't a program and has no uninstaller per se.   If they wont delete in regular mode try Safe Mode but make sure you are signed in as a user with Administrative authority.

0 Kudos
elmagico_112
Level 7

The point is that nowhere is there the option of uninstalling the GotoAssist (there is no option to uninstall the program GotoAssist at control panel). Can  you tell me how to find the all remains of the installation to GotoAssist and delete them?

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

As I already stated, twice, it is not a program, therefore does not have an uninstaller.   The Citrix components occupy a miniscule space that it shouldn't worry you and by the way, McAfee isn't the only one who uses GoToAssist.  If anyone else has ever offered a support link-up the chances are they used that entity.

I suppose you could simply do a registry search for Citrix and/or GoToAssist and delete any reference to it, that's probably more direct and sure of results that simply searching your hard drive.

The  regedit  procedure can be done offline if you wish.

Go to Start/Run and enter regedit  and click OK.  (In Windows 8 Click the Windows key + R then type in regedit and hit Enter, OK any prompts)

A  page  should open with the top left hand corner looking something like this:

https://community.mcafee.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-145517-8112/285-187/Regedit.jpg

If for some  reason it's expanded, collapse it and then highlight My Computer   (Computer in Vista/Windows 7/8).

Go to File tab and click "Export" and send all of the  registry to your desktop. This is in case something goes wrong. It can  then be rebuilt by simply right-clicking that desktop item and selecting Merge.

Now click  the Edit tab and then "Find". Enter "Citrix" (minus the "") then click   "Find next" (or hit the enter key).

Whatever is found, right-click and  delete.

Hit  your F3 key for the next instance and keep going until all entries are gone.   It can take a long time if a lot of components were originally installed.

If one says it can't be deleted this is where it gets complicated. You have to then find which key on the left column pertains to it and  right-click/Properties/Permissions and give yourself permission.

Repeat the process using 'GoToAssist' minus the ''.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 09/02/13 10:06:33 EST AM
0 Kudos
elmagico_112
Level 7

Thanks for your reply and for your patience!

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

You're welcome, good luck ;-)

0 Kudos