cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to uninstall McAfee

Jump to solution

I was unable to uninstall McAfee Security Scan Plus from Surface Pro X Laptop. It installed with Adobe and it did not even properly install. I always get pop-ups from the scanner saying unable to run in HVC mode and I do not want these pop-ups, I just want to remove the whole thing. Tried to remove with Add/Remove programs in control panel, but it would not let uninstall. Tried the uninstaller tool MCPR but it always says Incomplete Uninstallation. It NEVER uninstalls.

The log files say :

February 21, 2021 00:46:25

INFO   Cleanup finished running using Task Scheduler.

FAIL   The products were not successfully removed by the scheduled cleanup.

Please help me. I have the log files if you need it. Yes I rebooted my computer and used the MCPR tool over and over again. Nothing works.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Magesh
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

Re: Unable to uninstall McAfee

Jump to solution

Hello @melonbread 

Kindly re initiate the MCPR tool  again and please  let us know the error when you try to uninstall using control panel. 

If MCPR is already ran, Please check for McAfee files in c://program files /program files x86 and program data and update us with the outcome.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Magesh
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

Hello @melonbread 

Kindly re initiate the MCPR tool  again and please  let us know the error when you try to uninstall using control panel. 

If MCPR is already ran, Please check for McAfee files in c://program files /program files x86 and program data and update us with the outcome.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

Hello, I was unable to uninstall again. I've attached the blanked out uninstall in Add/Remove programs (it doesn't show up in control panel), uninstallation error using MCPR tool, the logs, and the program files I have. I don't know whether to delete all those files because I am afraid it will corrupt the uninstallation process even more.

Jump to solution

More screenshots/files

Jump to solution

The logs that show the MCPR tool error

Jump to solution

I got a computer from my company, the mcafee was installed when I login to windows

Lemos32
Level 7
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

The first step you need to take is to remove McAfee LiveSafe / Internet Security and McAfee WebAdvisor from your PC.

The first is the actual antivirus, the second one is an extension for the browser that allows you to know the reputation of the websites that you visit.

Then click on the Windows Start button.

Select Control Panel.

TellDunkin

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community