Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrod97
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Unable to uninstall McAfee LiveSafe - Internet Security

Whenever I try and uninstall it from the control panel I get an error saying I do not have sufficient access to uninstall the program, but I am the administrator as there is only one account on my laptop.  Whenever I try and download the MCPR tool, I click run and then nothing happens.  Please help.

2 Replies

Re: Unable to uninstall McAfee LiveSafe - Internet Security

Note the software wont simply uninstall if it included Family Protection, Parental Controls or Anti-Theft.

In the case of the first two you would need the user name and password for the Administrator who set them up.  If the last one it can't simply be uninstalled without a lot of security measures as it is designed to prevent theft.

Technical Support can help with that, they are available free of charge by phone or online chat and linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

If none of those were installed and the software simply wont uninstall, maybe because of corruption, you can uninstall it using the  MCPR tool

but as you have already tried that best to call Technical support via the link in my signature below. 

Have you tried uninstalling when in safe mode?

Tony

Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
No unrequested PMs please

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)

How To Uninstall/Reinstall McAfee Consumer Products EXCEPT Anti-Theft
Free Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Removal Tools

exbrit
Level 21
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: Unable to uninstall McAfee LiveSafe - Internet Security

Moved to General Discussion - Moderator