cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install "McAfee Internet Security" on my laptop

In my account panel I can see "Protection is available with McAfee Internet Security via McAfee Store Dashboard... Expires: 12/30/2017", and a download button.

When I clicked download button, I have a setup file downloaded as "Setup_serial_XXXXXXXX_key_affid_550_akey.exe" (I marked serial number in the filename)

However, when I was trying install and enter the serial number, it said: "Something's not quite right" "Hmm, we were interrupted. Make sure you're online and try again."

5 Replies
exbrit
Level 21
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: Unable to install "McAfee Internet Security" on my laptop

The problem may be the way you are downloading it.  First make sure you are logged into Windows as an Administrator-level user. 

You shouldn't need that serial number again but if you have it recorded keep it in Notebook in case the software asks for it.

Try saving the Setup file to your desktop.  Right-click it and select Properties and Unblock (if it shows blocked).

Now make sure all of your previous antivirus is uninstalled, if McAfee run the MCPR cleanup tool and then reboot.

(Always use a fresh copy of MCPR as it is constantly updated).

Then double-click the saved setup file and start the installer.

Highlighted

Thanks for the detailed reply.

There is only one user in my laptop so it should be an Admin-level user. And I tried unblocking the setup file, also using the latest MCPR to uninstall any possible previous antivirus. I even tried to reboot into safe mode with network to run MCPR and the setup file, still seeing the same error.

Is there any customer support available to solve this problem?

exbrit
Level 21
Message 4 of 6

Technical Support is what you want, it's free and they are HERE.

Thanks a lot

exbrit
Level 21
Message 6 of 6

You're welcome and good luck ;-)