cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unable to activate McAfee AntiVirus Plus 2011

Jump to solution

Hi, I have the exact same problem and I have tried all the solutions listed, and the same activation window keeps loading for hours with the description "Please wait while we connect to McAfee.com... " and will not continue or go away. I have re-installed numerous times and still the same thing. I have Windows Vista and McAfee AntiVirus Plus 2011. Thank you.

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 22 of 29

Jump to solution

Did you contact Tech Services chat as Jay suggested those people are more knowledgeable that most re this issue. So you tried the FAQ Lay Mentioned as well?

Jump to solution

hi to everyone we have same problem i even waiting for whole to finish but nothing changes it just keep running...i download mcafee antivirus plus 2011 just wasting my time it just make me depressed and upset about this product,,,hope you can do more help if what can we do...thanks alot  juliet

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 24 of 29

Jump to solution

So none of the thoughts above helped? Especially post 9

If not contact Customer service  and let them remote to your PC and do the installation for you.

They can be trusted to be descrete.

Customer service link in useful links tab at top of this page.

ems
Level 7
Message 25 of 29

Jump to solution

Hello. I have the same problem. I installed it twice, but to no avail. I always used McAfee since I bought this computer, but now I don't know anymore. I always had no problem in installing this product even though I'm not a computer wiz, it was so easy. I'm so pissed right now. I can't activate this product. It already caused me a day.

Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 26 of 29

Jump to solution

You might want to enlist the help of Technical Support - it's now free by phone:  http://service.mcafee.com/ServiceSelect.aspx?lc=1043&sg=TS&pt=1&st=PHONE

There is also free online Chat support.

Highlighted
ems
Level 7
Message 27 of 29

Jump to solution

Hello. Thank you for the response. I've activated it successfully. I just read the different activation problems here & tried the solutions. My problem was my internet explorer.  I just reset it & yes it worked, the activation process continued almost immediately. I was soo frustrated. Thank you!

Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 28 of 29

Jump to solution

Good, all the best. 😉

Jump to solution

i am using windows 7 on my sony vaio laptop and i am unable to activate mcafee antivirus 2011 on it.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community