Highlighted
chika
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 29

Re: Unable to activate McAfee AntiVirus Plus 2011

Jump to solution

I don't have this 'anti spam software' in the custom installlation

Come on guy, just an installation it took me weeks to activate it, if the product is not fully develop, can u guys just don't release it? This is giving too many problem

Dinz
Level 16
Message 12 of 29

Jump to solution

Hi Jerry,

I realize that you have spent a lot of time and effort because of this . Please click on Useful links at the top of this page and get conected with our technicians so they remote inn and diagnose the issue and would be able to get it resolved for you.

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

hiren
Level 7
Message 13 of 29

Jump to solution

I have also same problem. I followed all the steps you mentioned here. Still, could not able to resolve. Make the solution to general and post it or help me out personally.

Hiren

sharad
Level 7
Message 14 of 29

Jump to solution

Hi Dinz,

I am having the same problem. The screen is just showing the message, " Please wait while we connect to McAfee.com". I am using a broadband connection and the PC is running on Windows XP. Please help as this is quite frustating to wait for hours for a simple activation.

Jump to solution

Hi Temi,

you can try opening www.mcafee.com/mav/retailcd and register your product with the key you have. You may need to install the product again from web.

moa
Level 7
Message 16 of 29

Jump to solution

Temi,

It may be related to the different regions.

Where did you buy the product from?

I once had a friend that had been trying to activate a McAfee product unsuccessfully. But connected to the Internet at the airport in New York and the acctivation went through immediately.

Hope this is useful.

Jump to solution

i also have the same problem,i was given links to follow to remove all the old mcafee but nothing,i was told to reset my IE,still i can not activate my subscription,what hurt me most is that i am having troubles to return the cd because its been 3 months since i got and i had the old one still active.

i have come to believe that mcafee r now ripping us off and keeps giving us things that don't work.you can not talk to them because the charge £1,per minute just to sort out their problem.please help us.

jaymfe
Level 12
Message 18 of 29

Jump to solution

HI,

Which Operating System installed on your computer?

Please make sure that there is no proxy connection configured in Internet Properties from Internet Explorer.

Also follow thesteps in the below knowledge base.

http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100431

You can contact FreeTechnical Support through chat.

http://service.mcafee.com/TechSupportHome.aspx?lc=1033&sg=TS

on 28/3/11 4:14:40 PM IST
sharad
Level 7
Message 19 of 29

Jump to solution

I have tried all solutions suggested by Dinz & Jaydeep but nothing has happened. Finally, I had to take my PC to the retailer to get it activated at an extra charge. It was the first time I have bought a McAfee product but due to the unpleasant experience, I would definitely be advising all my friends not to make the same mistake.

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 20 of 29

Jump to solution

That is strange did you ask what was necessary to do?

Sometimes installing anti spam only activates and then you can loginto the new accouint and install the rest.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 26/04/11 6:52:57 AM

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community