cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thisisben
Level 7

Unable to Startup installation with Mcafee Total Protection 2012 CD

Hello,

I've just purchased Mcafee Total Protection 2012 and i'm having trouble starting the installation.

Firstly,

The instruction manual stated that i have to run langsel.exe which does not exist in my disk that i've bought.

Secondly,

I tried to autorun/manually opening the disk folder and click on the installation exe/right click run and install and are still unable to get the installation started.

The only thing that happen was there is a "pop-up permission to continue window", but after click Yes, nothing appear.

Please help, i'm using Windows 7 and all my users have adminstrator rights.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JaiPrakash
Level 12

Re: Unable to Startup installation with Mcafee Total Protection 2012 CD

Hi there,

If you have a previous version of the McAfee Security suite installed, and you attempt to install a new version from a newly purchased CD, the installer starts and then unexpectedly stops. Please run the McAfee removal tool from here: http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe and restart the PC.

Post which Insert the McAfee product CD into your CDROM drive.

• If you have AutoRun turned on, the McAfee Installation portion of the CD will open automatically after inserting the CD.

• If you do not have AutoRun turned on, click Start, Run and type D:\setup.exe (Substitute the correct drive letter if different than D:\), and click OK.

• Double-click Install McAfee *****r (where *****r refers to the product name).

Regards,

0 Kudos
flogger
Level 7

Hi. Just wanna check if we can also uninstall previous versions from Windows Add/Remove programs. Will that suffice?

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Yes flogger , obviously you can do that .  Its just that running the removal tool would ensure to remove all McAfee registry keys as well.

0 Kudos