cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn Off Quick Tour Notification

Jump to solution

Ever since upgrading to McAfee Total Protection, I get more annoying interruptions. My least favorite is a popup that tells me I'm protected and ask if I'd like a quick tour. Is there no way to get rid of this? It's dumb it's asking me, as if I were a new customer, over and over for weeks now. (I looked under settings, notifications, and it's clearly not there.)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cohbraz
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 17

Re: Turn Off Quick Tour Notification

Jump to solution

I think that once you take the tour, it goes away and does not pop back up.

Go ahead and accept the tour, then click through all of the pages. See if it comes back after that.

16 Replies
exbrit
Level 21
Message 2 of 17

Jump to solution

I agree. It's a very annoying feature that should, after being dismissed, not reappear.

For months now we Moderators have fought to have these "splash popups" done away with but apparently the Sales Department insists on the feature.

I would suggest it in Product ideas as that may garner more attention from on high.

Jump to solution

Thank you. I was not aware of how to get them feedback.

exbrit
Level 21
Message 4 of 17

Jump to solution

Actually I should have said it was the Marketing people that are to blame.

There is another way to nip things in the bud so to speak, by joining the beta testing group but the trouble there is that those pop-up things often get baked in at the very final production stage, so we don't see them during beta testing.

cohbraz
Level 9
Message 5 of 17

Jump to solution

I think that once you take the tour, it goes away and does not pop back up.

Go ahead and accept the tour, then click through all of the pages. See if it comes back after that.

exbrit
Level 21
Message 6 of 17

Jump to solution

Thanks for the insight - hope that helps.

Next time I get it I'll try that also.

Jump to solution

Previously doing so would have locked up the screen that is why I have been not taking the tour when i see the popup on my other PCs. My current PC is running the beta so I do not ever see the issue. Will try taking the tour later on as they (McAfee) might have fixed the issue.

Jump to solution

OK I still get the quick tour showing a blank screen that will not close

Clipboard.jpg

exbrit
Level 21
Message 9 of 17

Jump to solution

Is your Flash add-on turned on and is there any extra blocker you are using that will prevent it linking with its server?

Or maybe it just needs time to load perhaps.

I have verified that taking the tour and viewing each page of it (there aren't many) will stop it from re-appearing.

Jump to solution

Does the arrow in the lower right corner do anything? On the normal Tour popup it will advance to the next page. I wonder if you can advance the 4 or 5 pages, even if they are all blank, and get to last page to end the tour, which would keep it from popping up again.