cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Caltherack
Level 7

Trusted Advisor Framework Pop-Up - Any Advice?

Jump to solution

For about a month, I have been receiving an irritating pop-up that appears five to ten times a day (naturally, while I'm in the middle of using the net).  The pop-up staes (in part): "McAfee Trusted Advisor Framework Exe has encountered a problem and needs to close..."  As this is a Microsoft message, I reported the issue to them, but they responded that it is McAfee's problem.  McAfee's Virtual Technician can find no problem, and repeated attempts to use their online chat have proven unsuccessful.  Does anyone have suggestions on how to prevent these pop-ups?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dinz
Level 16

Re: Trusted Advisor Framework Pop-Up - Any Advice?

Jump to solution

Be optimistic, If you keep a green bough in your heart, the singing bird will come . . ,

Do report back if any issues

Regards,

Dinesh K

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Dinz
Level 16

Jump to solution

Hi Caltherack,

Could you please provide some information about the computer like;

What is the operating system of the computer ?

What version of security center you use ? Is it the enterprise version or home version ?

Regards,

Dinesh K

on 2/2/10 4:12:38 PM GMT-06:00
0 Kudos
Caltherack
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi Dinesh K,

Thanks for offering to help.  My operating system is XP.  My wife and I have both of our desktops and one laptop secured under the McAfee "3 for 1" offer, and I believe it is the home version.  I'm not familiar with enterprise.  The pop-up problem began about a month ago, with the message appearing a couple of times a day.  Since then, the frequency has increased, and it's not unusual to get the pop-up about once an hour or less.  I've contacted Microsoft, as the pop-up is followed by the error report which is routed to them; however, in the one reply I've received, they maintain that this is a McAfee problem (although I doubt it.)  The situation is more of an annoyance than a serious problem.  Thanks again.

Caltherack

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Jump to solution

Hi,

There could exist some previous version of mcafee still left over ,

Run the removal tool from http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe  and restart the computer and re-download the programs from your account page in http://us.mcafee.com/root/login.asp . Do report back if you still have any issues.

Regards,

Dinesh K

0 Kudos
Caltherack
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi Dinesh K,

Thanks again for your input.  It's "Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to work I go" right now, but I'll follow your advice as soon as I get home this evening.  I'm optimistic that your suggestion might work, as I've had several versions of the program installed over the years.  Thanks again!

Caltherack

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Jump to solution

Be optimistic, If you keep a green bough in your heart, the singing bird will come . . ,

Do report back if any issues

Regards,

Dinesh K

0 Kudos
Caltherack
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi Dinesh,

Your suggestion seems to have solved my issue.  While reinstalling McAfee, I was advised that my Ad-Aware Ad Watch Live might be conflicting with the program, so I also uninstalled Ad-Aware.  It has been some time now, and the Trusted Advisor Framework pop-up has not reappeared since the reinstall.  I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Thanks again for great advice!

Caltherack

0 Kudos