cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gellman
Level 7

Trouble with security for re- downloading McAfee

My computer tells me that the McAfee is a security problem. I have tried many times to get around that and sometimes do so. and get to the  downloading page. But then it will not download. It tells me there is a problem with the server. But the server is fine on all other downloads. 1. Why is there a security problem with an anti-virus site, of all things? 2. How do I solve the download problem? PLease Help. Yehuda Gellman

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Dinz
Level 16

Re: Trouble with security for re- downloading McAfee

Hi Gellman,

Could you please provide with some more information so as we could drill down this one;

What is the operating system of the computer ?
How is the computer connected to internet ? (Dsl/wireless/cable)
Provide us with the exact error message that you receive while downloading , please attach a screen shot if possible

Do you have any othre antivirus software installed in the machine ?

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

0 Kudos
Gellman
Level 7

Thank you for your reply. THe operating system is Vista. Connection is DSL. No other anti-virus. When I want to get to the site where I log in I am told "There is a problem with this site's security certificate." I bypass that buy telling it to continue. I am logged in. I try to download the program (I am resetting the computer). I get a quick window saying "Cannot open this site" with lots of words beneath it. It goes away too fast to read the rest. Returns to security warning, I bypass, I am returned to login, and round and round it goes.  

0 Kudos
Gellman
Level 7

I  have the notice now:

https://home.mcaffe.com/secure/protected/login.aspx?appaffid=0&p

roductkey=product key removed my moderator=

Operation aborted

Message was edited by: Dinz on 12/9/10 10:43:49 AM GMT-06:00
0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Could you please check the system date & time to the right bottom corner of the computer. Double click on it and set it right (if found wrong), try re-downloading and let me know the status.

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

Message was edited by: Dinz on 12/9/10 10:44:43 AM GMT-06:00
0 Kudos
Gellman
Level 7

WEll, your suggestion helped partly. I no longer get the security warning, but I still get an aborted download. After that I downloaded Skype with no problem. Yehuda

0 Kudos
Gellman
Level 7

I should have explained more. I had McAfee on my notebook computer Lenovo until now. For unrelated reasons I decided to reinstall the computer from 0. So the problem I am having now is only since I have reinstalled the computer. I have a paid subscription and what I am trying to do is to download my program from my account, which is active. Can you help me? Thanks, Yehuda 

0 Kudos
Gellman
Level 7

Please advise me how to stop the renewal of my subscription. Yehuda

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Gellman wrote:

Please advise me how to stop the renewal of my subscription. Yehuda

See THIS post to turn off auto-renewal.