cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dtsmith89
Level 7

Trouble Activating McAfee Internet Security 2011

Help!  I purchased a 1-PC CD for McAfee Internet Security 2011. I had Internet Security 2010 on my computer which was about to expire. I loaded the CD and chose to download the web version via the CD for most up-to-date information. Three things are now happening:  My Real-Time scanning keeps turning itself off so I have to restart it all the time, it keeps saying "Updates Available" but when I click Update it says I'm up-to-date, and I have until November 2nd to Activate my subscription but when I click on the Activate link nothing happens. I'm about ready to take this CD back to the store and get Norton instead. I'm on Windows Vista x64. The 2010 version worked fine. Can someone help? Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
k3tg
Level 14

Re: Trouble Activating McAfee Internet Security 2011

Sorry to hear you are having trouble getting your software to activate. Best thing to do is to remove your old software via Add/Remove programs and reboot the computer. Then go to Useful Links at the top of this page and run the MCPR removal tool which will completly remove any remaining traces of the software that failed to remove via the normal uninstall and reboot again.

See this link for further information and be sure to run the McAfee preinstall tool found within the link http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100119

Let us know if this resolves your issue

0 Kudos
dtsmith89
Level 7

This definitely would have helped because this is exactly what the McAfee support person just did on my computer.    Thanks. I'm sure this will help someone else.

0 Kudos
k3tg
Level 14

Glad to hear you are up and running now.

Good Luck

0 Kudos