Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tripph
Level 7

Traffic Monitor displaying ridiculous outgoing traffic

Hi my issue mirros the issue explained in these 2 other topics:

https://community.mcafee.com/thread/30165?start=0&tstart=0

https://community.mcafee.com/thread/28934

Neither offer a solution and are months old.

Basically the traffic monitor is saying last month my outgoing traffic was 87,284.63GB which is just extremely ridiculous to even being close to reliable, I use to check my traffic often with Suite 9 and I never once had it display something so off. I don't leave torrents running or anything like that, but I'm pretty sure even if I did it would be physically impossible for my internet provider to even support that kind of traffic.

Scans of my computer says it's clean, doubting it's a virus, based on the other 2 threads it seems to be a bug so any update on this bug or possible steps for me to attempt to resolve it would be helpful. I'm running Windows Vista 64bit with all the latest Windows updates.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Traffic Monitor displaying ridiculous outgoing traffic

I know seen that 1 . I am running the next version in beta and I just checked it and its values seem correct.

I suggest best to wait for the upgrade ( should be soonish) as I do not see them fixing this as it is a non critical issue. I will mention it to the mcafee techs though to see if they know of it being bug reported.

0 Kudos
jaymfe
Level 12

Re: Traffic Monitor displaying ridiculous outgoing traffic

Hi Tripph,

I have no issue with McAfee Traffic Monitor and it give almost accurate data (some differenceis  KBs) than my paid Traffic Analyzer

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Ok can both of you post your version data please for security centre and firewall

0 Kudos
jaymfe
Level 12

Hi Peacekeeper,

My McAfee SecurityCenter version is 10.5 (Build 10.5.227) and McAfee Personal Firewall version is 11.5 (Build 11.5.141) and DAT version 6286.

0 Kudos
tripph
Level 7

SecurityCenter:10.5, build 10.5.227

Firewall: 11.5, Build: 11.141

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

OK  thanks the 10.5 version appears to have a bug for some users. I have seen this issue myself prior to updating to the beta so it is around but I feel low importance so as 11.0 is fixed best to wait for this. 

0 Kudos
jaymfe
Level 12

Hi Peacekeeper,

Thank you for the update and I can see that in my virtual machine, McAfee beta showing correct value on my virtual machine.

0 Kudos
tripph
Level 7

Alright thanks for the info Peace

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

No problem the beta is interesting it has several improvements we have been after for years but still short of a few we still want.

0 Kudos