cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blue_k
Level 7

Total Protectoin 2013 never auto updates

Hello,

I am trying out Total Protection 2013, but it never auto updates. What happens is the scheduled update time keeps getting pushed back on it's own a few minutes at a time. I have read this is caused by the smart timer. The problem is, my system is never idle when it is on, when it's on, I'm on it. I have let it sit idling anyway for well past the scheduled time, and it still won't auto update. I have even left my system on for over 8 hours, using it a lot within this time, but it still won't update. I read that it is supposed to update anyway after a few hours past the originally scheduled time, but it never does. I can manually update just fine though. I need a way to shut this smart timer off. Is there anyway to do this?

Message was edited by: blue_k on 10/5/12 7:58:48 AM CDT
0 Kudos
5 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Total Protectoin 2013 never auto updates

There is no scheduled update time - not in the consumer version at least.  Where are you seeing that setting, a screenshot would be useful?

Updates occur at anytime and are usually silent, in other words you'd never notice them unless you have the software set to alert you at each update and/pr the update requires a system restart.

Can you open SecurityCenter and click 'About' and tell me what version this is please?   Also tell what details it gives for VirusScan..

0 Kudos
blue_k
Level 7

I am talking about where it says the last time it updated, and it says the next time it will check. Where it says the next time it will check keeps going up every few minutes, and the last time it checked is always hours old, which is the last time I checked manually. To see this I just opened up the security center, and clicked on the updates tab on the home screen.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

The software itself checks every 4 hours or so I believe, you wouldn't detect that normally.  That's what shows there unless you interrupt the cycle by checking manually.

0 Kudos
blue_k
Level 7

Okay, so what is happening is normal behavior, and the last time it checked, and next time it checks should be how it is now?

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Yes.

0 Kudos