cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jim001
Level 7

Total Protection

Hi

Hope someone can help with this' I Am trying to install Mcafee Total Protection on a friends lap top but keep getting the message "Restart your device so we can finish removing Mcafee software and install your new Protection"

I Have used the MCPR tool but it hasnt solved the problem

Thanks in Advance

0 Kudos
5 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: Total Protection

​,

Do you have any prior Security applications still installed on your system, which may be incompatible with your McAfee Software? If so I would remove them before following the same procedures. You can also contact Technical Support 24/7 at no cost to you.

Via Phone/Online Chat being by far the quickest. https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/contact

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
jim001
Level 7

Thanks for the reply' Avast is installed on the machine' but i have tried to install it on my machine which also has Avast installed and it installs ok ?

Thanks for the link

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

I recommend that you uninstall your Avast Application from your Control Panel/Programs and Features/restart.

Then use the Avast removal tool to remove any remnants. As running (2) Anti-Virus applications can cause conflicts/clashes and actually leave you vulnerable to infections.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
jim001
Level 7

Thank you' i am currently in contact with the intel help

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Cliff